SCCA.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home->SCCA Club Racing->Production
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Am I On The Right Track

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vamiata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am I On The Right Track
    Posted: February.28.2009 at 10:09am

I have a 1990 Mazda Miata in excellent mechanical condition with 80K. I do have the hard top for the car if it is required. I think that puts me in the Production class.

The car currently has new: Race Beat springs, Tokico dampers, Race Beat exhaust, KN intake, Hard-Dog Hard-Bar roll bar (w/diagonal, rear braces, harness bar), Brembo slotted rotors, Green Stuff pads, Momo wheel, and Eibach sway-bars.

On order: Crow 5 point harness and Jaz poly mini-pro bucket seat.

I would like to run at a few of the 2009 PA Hillclimb events and would appreciate any feedback on all the other things I need to consider.

I am taking a PCA/VIR HPDE class 4/2/2009 and another two-day Chin class 7/1-2.

Thanks

1990 Mazda Miata
Sponsored Links

mazda16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazda16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February.28.2009 at 7:54pm
Sounds like you have a fun car to drive, however, I'm thinking you have the wrong forum.

this forum is for full race preped production based cars.  Completely gutted, fiberglass body panels, full race cage, fire systems, very modified engines, etc etc

I'm guessing you might want to check out solo events/forums. 

roger_leejr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger_leejr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March.29.2009 at 7:36pm

Asking in relation to the guy with the Miata...that car would be legal in PA hillclimbs wouldn't it?

Where is the forum for strictly the hill climbs, by the way, these are very interesting to me too. 

Roger
ur2loud View Drop Down
Crazy Poster
Crazy Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ur2loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March.29.2009 at 9:48pm

Find the regions  near the hillclimbs and check their region websites.

start at http://www.scca.org/divisions.aspx

Also try searching the net for the hillclimbs by name.

Wayne Hill

Nat'l Sound Control, Sr. F&C, ex Emer.Svc.

SCCA member 66-83,93-14

Bruce Bettinger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Bettinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March.30.2009 at 7:41am
Please note that we have a forum for time trials.  It is a few items below this one.
Bruce (Lost in Kansas) Bettinger
roger_leejr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger_leejr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March.31.2009 at 3:35am

Just wanted to thank you guys!  From the looks of things, if you want to hillclimb, Pennsylvania is where to go!

RC

Roger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic