SCCA.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home->SCCA Solo->Solo Site Acquisition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Solo Site Acquisition Tools

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior
Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March.11.2007 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Surferjer Surferjer wrote:

Hmmm.  I look forward to viewing the cd, but I'm taking the tack that local solo is for regular Joes in regular cars.  At Nationals we are all stickered up, and with everything else it sounds like going on in the video, I think I'd have more luck making our own. 

I would like to see your CD when you finish.  I'm trying to get a look at as many as possible.

Originally posted by Surferjer Surferjer wrote:

We are fortunate to have theree sites currently, but we also are always at risk of losing them.  So we are still searching for new and bigger sites.

Do you plan on using the site packet at least?

Jim

Copterdr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Copterdr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March.16.2007 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Itsa914 Itsa914 wrote:

Jim,

I understand that it is not a plug and play thing and you will need to talk to the video & pictures, but having to explain that each video or picture is NOT what you would see at a regional event defeats the purpose in my book. Where our region is scale of an event can be and is a issue. I do agree it shows how the day flows.

My point is if this CD is to be used as a tool to help regions then it needs to be made at that level. Again it is a great tool, just needs to be tweaked in my book.

I have to agree with Garold. This was a great effort to provide us with a valuable tool. The problem is that I believe they missed their target. The images in the CD have a potential of scaring off any new prospect. Why should you have to to explain each picture.This would bring the creditability of the presentation down.

One picture in mind is the one with a helicopter chasing a car. This makes picture makes me cringe. The picture shows violations of FAR's (Federal Aviation Regulations). Granted some people would think of this being a cool picture, but do we want to say that we condone this.

I can go one about many more pictures but I believe that this was brought up at the Great Lakes seminar.

Please consider an update to the presentation so it could be used with confidence.

Stuart Laks
INR
Solo Chairman/Membership Chairman/Solo Safety Steward

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic