SCCA.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home->Divisional Discussions->MidWest Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

info on old Alfa Romeo Duetto Race Car

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyle shepard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: info on old Alfa Romeo Duetto Race Car
    Posted: May.03.2015 at 4:02pm
Hi. I'm trying to locate my dad's old Duetto. My dad, Glen Shepard, raced this car in the MidDiv from about 1970 to 1976. He competed with the car at various tracks including MAR, Hutchinson, Ponca City, Lake Afton and Road Atlanta for the Run Offs in 1971. The car was painted orange with a black stripe down each side and was usually #98 or #93. He eventually sold the car to someone in the Kansas City area and Bob Haig was an area mechanic who wrenched on the car for a time. This car has has some good racing history going back to the original owner, Bob Griffith, of the Riverside California area. Bob raced his car with a buddy who owned an identical Duetto. I have been able to track that car down and want to know what happened to the car my dad raced. Has anyone seen a car like this at area vintage races? Looking for the Alfa, or for any ideas on how I might enhance my search.

Thank you,
Kyle Shepard
Sponsored Links

kyle shepard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyle shepard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May.03.2015 at 4:47pm
By the way, this is a 1967 Duetto I'm looking for. Originally had a 1600 motor in it. Failed to mention this in the original post.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic