SCCA.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home->SCCA Club Racing->U.S. Majors Tour
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Runoffs Entry Requirements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfriest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Runoffs Entry Requirements
    Posted: September.26.2012 at 4:02pm
There have been a lot of discussions about the runoffs participation and new entry requirements.

I suggest the following:

Establish a maximum number of cars per session/race (most classes this means per class, but with combining classes for qualifying, multiple classes in same race, etc., maybe not).

Allow any national driver to register.

If the number of entries exceeds the max, the driver with the lowest national points is out (with a full refund).

Enforce the 120% rule (or 115% or some number that makes sense), so exceedingly slow cars are not on track for the race.

Sponsored Links

dfleck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfleck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September.26.2012 at 4:48pm
This is so simple, there must be something wrong with it but seems logical to me.  I would have loved to participate this year but due to early season issues, couldn't possibly qualify.  I would think having another car or two in my class (CSR) would have been well received.
Dudley Fleck
sami789 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October.09.2014 at 9:57am
Establish a maximum number of cars per session/race (most classes this means per class, but with combining classes for qualifying, multiple classes in same race, etc., maybe not).
ur2loud View Drop Down
Crazy Poster
Crazy Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ur2loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October.10.2014 at 8:02pm
You defeat the purpose of having a National Championship event.
As you describe it, a driver could make the run offs his only SCCA event of the year. There should be incentive to race locally & divisionally to earn a way to the championship. Local races need more entries or there won't be local races.
I also think that the practice days on the course identical to the championships should be reduced/abolished. Can you spel(sp.) LEVEL playing field?

Edited by ur2loud - October.10.2014 at 8:04pm
Wayne Hill

Nat'l Sound Control, Sr. F&C, ex Emer.Svc.

SCCA member 66-83,93-14

FlaggerBob View Drop Down
Senior
Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlaggerBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October.11.2014 at 11:13am
I like what Brother Hill said.  However, is it REALLY a National Championship?  Many drivers east of the Mississippi likely will not go due to the expense involved (towing, etc) just as so many west of the Rockies did not come to Mid-O, etc.  Way, way, back when Nationals were a big crowd draw and races from coast to coast counted (including Giant's Despair Hillclimb) it really was a National Championship, even tho drivers with lesser funds could not go coast to coast.  Along with that, I found the Workers Of The Year awards to be goofy.  Interesting that the WOTY is primarily based on being at the Runoffs, and that only 2 of those came from east of the Mississippi.  It will be most interesting to see how things work out with one year at each track program works out beginning in 2015.
long123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote long123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August.10.2015 at 1:03am
This is so simple, there must be something wrong with it but seems logical to me. meizu mx5 price
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic