SCCA.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home->SCCA General Discussion->First Gear
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Head and neck restraint rule

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Head and neck restraint rule
    Posted: February.20.2012 at 4:11pm
I'm new to scca and I read that as of this year it is mandatory to have
a head and neck restraint system. I was wondering if that ment that I
need something like a Hans Device or can I just use a neck brace and
helmet restraints?
Peter Gregor
Sponsored Links

rjohnson999 View Drop Down
Crazy Poster
Crazy Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjohnson999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February.20.2012 at 4:58pm
It has to be SFI 38.1 or FIA certified.

Originally posted by aliab aliab wrote:

I'm new to scca and I read that as of this year it is mandatory to have
a head and neck restraint system. I was wondering if that ment that I
need something like a Hans Device or can I just use a neck brace and
helmet restraints?
NOT Roger Johnson. Not any of them.
aliab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February.22.2012 at 11:27pm
Thanks, I'v looked for SFI 38.1 or FIA certified neck
braces and helmet restraints but iv had no luck. Does any
one know where to find somthing I could us, I really don't
want to spend $500 but if i have to i will.
Peter Gregor
ur2loud View Drop Down
Crazy Poster
Crazy Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ur2loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February.23.2012 at 9:52am

Are you going to begin road racing wheel to wheel or autocross/solo.

The answer will not be the same.

Wayne Hill

Nat'l Sound Control, Sr. F&C, ex Emer.Svc.

SCCA member 66-83,93-14

aliab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February.23.2012 at 1:03pm
I Plan to start with autocross/solo then go into club racing shortly after.
Peter Gregor
bhudson View Drop Down
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February.23.2012 at 1:39pm

You will not need it for autocross. 

Your personal safety gear is your most important investment for club racing.  While a head and neck restraint may be the most expensive single item you'll purchase, compared to consumable items it is only a small portion of racing expenses.

Bob Hudson
Atlanta Region
National Steward
aliab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February.24.2012 at 2:56am
Thanks for all the info and I hope this post will help others who have
the same question.
Peter Gregor
jay78ta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay78ta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February.29.2012 at 8:40pm
Now that we know club racers must buy a head restraint system, can some existing owners weigh in on Hans Sport or Sport II versus the Safety Solutions Hybrid Pro or Rage versions?  Hans is the standard, but is the alternative chest strap better?  I race sedans, so I'm concerned about entry/exit too.  A sliding tether seems like a must for turning your head too.  Has anyone seen published comparisons?  Thanks!
chocolate7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocolate7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January.24.2014 at 11:32pm
looked for SFI 38.1 or FIA certified neck braces and helmet restraints but iv had no luck. Thanks, 
hi
ur2loud View Drop Down
Crazy Poster
Crazy Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ur2loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January.27.2014 at 1:54pm
Here is a place to start

http://www.sfifoundation.com/wp-content/pdfs/manufacturers/38.1%20Manufacturers%20List.pdf
Wayne Hill

Nat'l Sound Control, Sr. F&C, ex Emer.Svc.

SCCA member 66-83,93-14

lourencohen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lourencohen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March.18.2014 at 2:39am
I am also new here in the sccabb forum, and would like to know what the term head and neck restraint system means. It would be very appreciated if any of you can describe what this term is and how we can do this.
http://www.microneedlesystems.com - microneedle skin roller reviews
cherryhan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherryhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March.30.2014 at 9:55pm
You great issue in relation to  football or perhaps a football pastime usually the item undoubtedly maintains an individual in form having most of of which going you must accomplish, and you should be around not bad shape to accomplish effectively on football. Participating in football isn't as being a gentle amble when you'll be able to you need 2014 world cup jerseys to the item uncomplicated the complete period. You might be for a total, expended sprint often. It truly is interesting as well, therefore it will not experience similar to you might be simply just working out, you might be participating in a house game on the other hand. One more soccer team We played cheap mexico soccer jerseys out upon has been a inside soccer team. We thought I had been in form, ; however , I could merely final to get a few seconds in advance of I'd taking a breather, every time We resolved to go around.

One of the original memories associated with participating in football has been once i has been using a very little league soccer team for a youngster. I had been participating in protection and most Used to do has been conquer your shot as tough as I could on the some other end on the domain whenever the item followed to me. We always remember at a later time, We ingested some chocolates sugar when using the wrapper even now upon the item. We couldn't swallow the item, but it really manufactured us tired and needed to leave dribbling the football shot in route property on the football sport, whilst We puked for the reason that sensation around the jaws has been and so disgusting. I think the system has been previously worked way up on the sprints inside football sport at the same time and the belly has been tiny. The item even now helps make us tired to take into account of which expertise all of these many years subsequently. But We positive possessed interesting for a youngster participating in upon the soccer team and possessed plenty of very good things. cheap italy soccer jerseys We furthermore even now have got plenty of very good memories via the football days to weeks for a youngster. It had been interesting staying the biggest market of focus as We kicked your shot about every time the item followed to me. We was not of which very good however, and We played out protection, and so We usually simply just gave your football shot a nice kick out on the some other edge on the domain every time the item followed to me.
long123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote long123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July.17.2015 at 2:01am
It would be very appreciated if any of you can describe what this term is and how we can do this.
long123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote long123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August.11.2015 at 4:04am

Are you going to begin road racing wheel to wheel or autocross/solo.

The answer will not be the same.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic